Dead Sea Bath Salts
(This item shipped to UK, Europe & USA only)
For centuries people from all over the world have journeyed to the Dead Sea to benefit from the therapeutic effects of its mineral crystals. The salts contain 21 beneficial minerals and are used on the skin for their curative and therapeutic properties
Regular bathing in these waters forms part of the famous "Dead Sea vitiligo treatment" and is also central to many other health treatments for skin and joint conditions.
Available in 500g box or 1 kg pouch
More information below
The waters of the Dead Sea are unique, in that their levels and balance of salts is radically different from that of normal sea water. They contain approximately 8 times the salt content of normal sea water and yet the proportion of sodium is much less. The special balance of salts in Dead Sea water includes chlorides and bromides, magnesium, potassium, calcium and sodium and it is the particular combination of these minerals that accounts for its extraordinary therapeutic value.
Dead Sea Spa Magik products are formulated with these unique mineral-rich Dead Sea salts, water and mud. They contain no parabens and only allergen-free fragrance. They have a Harmonised Water base and an organic blend of Matricaria Flower Extract and Linden Blossom Flower Extract, Lemon Balm Leaf Extract and Rooibos Leaf Extract, certified as organic according to EEC council regulation No. 2029/91.
Why is this in Vitiligo Store?
Vitiligo sufferers quite often have various mineral and vitamin deficiencies, which can – in many cases – be hard to correct if poor digestive absorption has caused them in the first place. There is a very credible theory among many health professionals and vitiligo sufferers alike that these deficiencies and digestive problems can lead to toxicity and autoimmunity, with vitiligo being one of the autoimmune diseases to result. Taking supplements can help but it can be hard to achieve exactly the right balance of nutrients with supplementation alone. Regular bathing in the specific balance of minerals present in Dead Sea water can help to rectify deficiencies and imbalances, bringing both inner health and skin health back into balance.
“Did you know, that almost every skin condition that we may suffer from is partly due to a mineral or vitamin imbalance within the body?” This quote from the Dead Sea Magik product literature matches with my own experiences of vitiligo healing through nutrition. It also reflects the massive number of clinical and anecdotal success stories that are attributed to dermatological treatments at the Dead Sea. Skin conditions known to respond well to regular Dead Sea bathing include psoriasis, acne, atopic dermatitis and eczema, as well as vitiligo.
The medium of water itself has a long history of health benefits, as the word "Spa" conveys. The letters stand for “Sanitas Per Aquam” which means healing through water. And it is no coincidence that one of the most successful vitiligo treatments to date (developed by Dr Karin Schallreuter) is delivered at the Dead Sea and incorporates regular bathing in its waters and treatments using its mineral rich mud. Including these Dead Sea products in Vitiligo Store was a natural choice and a way of bringing the benefits of this component of a known successful vitiligo treatment into the home instead of requiring frequent trips to Israel or Jordan!
How does it work?
Research into how Dead Sea bathing achieves its “miraculous” therapeutic results with musculoskeletal disorders, psoriasis, vitiligo and other chronic conditions is impressive and ongoing but here is a quick overview of some of the known benefits of the mineral content of the water:
- Chlorides help control the flow of fluids in and around the cells of the body. They are also needed for the production of stomach acid (which is known to be deficient in many vitiligo patients and is another suspected cause of vitiligo).
- Bromides have anticonvulsant properties, helping to ease muscle stiffness and relax muscles generally.
- Magnesium helps combat stress, muscular pain and fluid retention. It also slows skin ageing and calms the nervous system.
- Potassium provides energy and helps to balance skin moisture.
- Calcium is important in preventing water retention, increasing circulation and strengthening bones and nails.
- Sodium helps maintain lymphatic fluid balance (this in turn is important for immune system function).
Not only is Dead Sea water therapeutic, but so is the black mineral mud found there, which has potent antimicrobial properties.
Tips from The Vit Pro
- Extensive reading on the subject of vitiligo therapies has convinced me that the best results are achieved by means of a multifaceted approach. This can incorporate diet, nutritional supplementation, antioxidant-rich, mineral-rich topical treatment, narrowband UVB exposure and avoidance of known triggers. I believe that the use of Dead Sea Spa Magik products can play an important part in this approach.
- Ideally, the best place to benefit from Dead Sea spa therapy would be on location... at the Dead Sea! This is partly because the warm, relaxing climate and unique nature of the UV there almost certainly add to the success of treatments carried out there. However, few people have the luxury of living within easy reach or visiting on a frequent basis. So, using quality products derived from the source and used regularly at home is the next best thing.
- I recommend daily bathing in Dead Sea salts and the use of supervised phototherapy or sunbathing as the best alternative to relocating to Jordan or Israel!
- For anyone wanting to replicate the successful Dead Sea vitiligo approach to treatment in their own home, I highly recommend adding Vitix Gel to your daily regimen because this gel contains antioxidants, including catalase and is clinically proven to improve the chances of repigmentation by 50% when used with UV exposure.