Microair Barrier Low Shoe / Boot Liner
Microair Barrier Fabric is a 3-layer fabric which has been designed to prevent allergens getting into contact with the skin but still allows the skin to breathe. These shoe / boot liners are ideal for those who are allergic to the dye in shoes or even the material the footwear is made from.
Colour: white - One pair per pack
All product options below are in UK shoe sizes, so please check you are ordering the correct size if you live outside the UK.
More information below
Microair Barrier Fabric is a revolutionary 3-layer fabric which has been designed to prevent allergens getting into contact with the skin while still allowing the skin to breathe. The therapeutic, protective gloves and socks are suitable for those with contact dermatitis or sensitive skin and who come into contact with allergens and irritants during their daily tasks.
Why is it in Vitiligo Store?
Many people who suffer from vitiligo and other inflammatory skin conditions are sensitive to numerous allergens and irritants found in the everyday environment, both at work and at home. Wearing Microair Barrier boot or shoe liners is a highly effective way of avoiding contact with these substances and thereby avoiding allergic reactions and flare-ups. And wearing Microair Barrier socks alone or under regular socks is deal for those who are allergic to the dye in shoes or even the material the footwear is made from. This can be important in preventing the onset of new skin lesions.
How does it work?
The triple-layered fabric features a micro-porous membrane (2 in the diagram above) sandwiched between layers of knitted polyester microfibre (1 and 3). This unique fabric blocks allergens yet allows water vapour and sweat to escape while remaining completely waterproof.
- blocks allergens and irritants
- is impermeable to liquids, ions and gases
- breathes to allow the transmission of water vapour
Tips from The Vit Pro
- This range of products may have particular relevance to vitiligo sufferers who have sensitive skin or allergies because any irritation could lead to new lesions or the spread of existing ones. Irritation is also likely to lead to scratching, which can make matters worse by prompting a Koebner reaction.
- Microair Barrier products can be worn over DermaSilk gloves or under-socks, if required, because the latter, worn in direct contact with the skin, are aids in the treatment of all sort of dermatitis and chronic skin conditions. They help restore the barrier of the skin and control inflammation and any superinfections whilst the Microair Barrier products keep out irritants.
- The following clinical studies confirm the efficacy of this fabric in dealing with contact dermatitis and their conclusions would suggest possible benefits for vitiligo where irritants are a trigger:
Efficacy of a new barrier glove in the treatment of chronic hand eczema
(Kinaciyan T. et al., Poster Presentation EAACI Congress, Warsaw, 6-10 June 2009);
Efficacy of New Barrier Socks in the Treatment of Foot Allergic Contact Dermatitis
(Published on Acta Dermato-Venerologica Vol.91 - Issue 1; 2010);
Use of new "Barrier socks” in contact allergic dermatitis CASE REPORT
(Borghesan F. and Bellotti);
A new barrier glove shows comparable efficacy to a potent steroid in the treatment of mild to moderate severe chronic hand eczema
(Kinaciyan T. et al., Poster presentation EAACI Congress, London, 5-9 June 2010).